SaaS Pre-Sales – Legal Software
We have been developing cutting edge software solutions for the UK legal sector since 1988 and have been exclusively cloud based since 2004 under our brand, Osprey Approach. Based in Malvern Worcestershire, we are in the process of expanding our current team of 45 staff to meet new levels of demand for true cloud-based systems in the legal software market. Having originally been specialists in accounting, time recording and billing functionality by 1997 we added document production and workflow capability and have continued to push the boundaries for legal practice management systems to achieve our respected position in driving the development and adoption of technology in the legal profession.
This is a true pre-sales role and is both fundamental and integral to the growth of business. It incorporates a wide and varied skillset in addition to the need to interact with numerous departments across the business. Primarily the linkage between sales and the technical specifications of the product. You will work closely with the sales effort and will become a product specialist. Presenting the features and tools to clients ranging from the lower end of SME to much larger corporate organisations. The sales team will be responsible for closing the sale and achieving revenue targets, but you will play a pivotal part of assist them. The model is a true SaaS solution.
You will report to the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Working in conjunction with the sales team, your primary responsibility will be to support them in driving new product sales by applying your ability to deliver and articulate our value proposition through tailored, engaging and compelling solution demonstrations.
- Maintaining the sales demonstration environment and keeping abreast of new product developments.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on our solution which not only incorporates our own application but in addition, numerous third-party integrations.
- Ability to convey a trusted advisor status to prospective clients
- Provide coaching and professional development to sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills
- Understanding of the competitive landscape and our competitor’s strengths and weaknesses and where our solution may capitalise on these
- Gaining insights into product gaps and enhancement requests and feeding these back to the product development team.
- Where required, the ability to adapt and aid within other areas of the business such as marketing, implementation and existing client services
- Become a knowledge expert on competitor solutions and identifying our USP’s against competitor weaknesses.
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Attitude)
- A passion for technology and in assisting clients realise missed opportunities in revenue generation, process optimisation and improved client engagement
- Ability to understand key business drivers and scope how they are addressed within our solution
- Able to interact and engage with C-Level executives
- Creativity in problem solving
- Competency in objection handling
- General PC and technical proficiency
- Whilst not a necessity, any exposure to the legal industry, content/document management or accounting platforms is advantageous
Whilst not a necessity, any exposure to the legal industry, content/document management or accounting platforms is advantageous.
It is expected that you would have a technical qualification in either Information Technology or Engineering. Or have time served experience within a similar role. Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills.